Friday, September 29, 2006

they called me back...

yesterday a message was left on my cell phone from shawna at petersen pontiac...she was calling to let me know that she had talked with the service tech...this is a follow-up from a previous entry...

she said that the tech explained to her that there was less than a half a tank of fuel, (some will remember, that i told her i had a 1/3 of a tank) so that matches...

the service tech also suggested that maybe my fuel tank sensor was working poorly and providing me with an inaccurate reading...so that will have to be something i guess will need to be followed up on...

there was no explanation as to what happened to my fuel...the implication was that i was mistaken...

shawna communicated that she was sending me a free oil change voucher for my trouble...

i see a glimmer of hope as a result of two things, (although i'm not sure it's enough to change my current view of how the entire experience from very start went...) the two things are the fact that i actually did get a call back and that she is attempting based on what i'm sure is a limited capability trying to rectify things and lure me back for more work...

to be clear...i don't believe this is an amazing level of service rather a minimal level of service follow-up...there's still clarification required as to what exactly happened with my fuel but i'm not going to pursue that...

part of the reason companies get away with minimal service levels and service responses is because we as consumers continue to support these mediocre efforts...

after having talked with a few people who have had an opportunity to deal with pp, there were both positive and negative experiences...the (2) negative ones could have easily been avoided in the minds of the customers i had stumbled across, (hardly conclusive evidence i know)...still where there's smoke....maybe pp will change and get better, maybe they do care...i'm sure some over there do...

i'm going to let some time pass before i even consider the next step regarding pp, i'll consider going back but i may also take this opportunity to try another dealer...we'll see.

No comments: