Sunday, March 02, 2008

Everyone Just Stop For A Moment...

Originally at the behest of my wife Tracy, I began reading a book she bought for me called A New Earth, Awakening to Your Life's Purpose written by Eckhart Tolle. Yes this is the recent book made famous by Oprah's Book Club.

I'm currently on page 14, so it's very early and that said, already I'm inspired to write about a thought that has come to mind. Tolle talks about transcending to a new level of consciousness, leaving the "mad mind" consistent with our "normal" state. This is the dark element that starts wars, fights, crime etc...and he is essentially correct in saying that it is a dysfunction of the human condition, because as humans we are also capable of such beautiful things and acts of wonder.

I was struck by a similarity between the "mad mind" and those inner struggles that business people confront everyday. Fear of the unknown, fear of not being able to survive, succeed, make something as simple as a deadline, battles with their egos, their self-confidence, their belief system and the constant pursuit of that source of bravery that everyone has in abundance but rarely if ever taps into. We expend so much energy in this state of mind. I know not only because of my own battles here but also because this is where I spend a great deal of my time with my clients. Tough to move forward with the right business strategy if we have all this baggage underneath.

We forget while in the rut of the daily grind that what we really need to do is rise above that unproductive white noise...it's kind of like not sweating the little things so much. I could go on here for sometime re this train of thought but instead, I want to challenge you the reader.

Take a "zen day", reconnect with what's really important, establish a new level of calmness about your business and yourself.

I believe success is a choice, I choose to be successful each and every day, this is a good reminder that I also choose to be at peace while achieving that success. So many others don't and it shows in their results and general happiness.

Your next level of success will require a new state of consciousness.


Send me 1 Million Free Visitors!
This post brought to you by Yikesite.com "I Yike It!"

No comments: