Sunday, November 06, 2005

Business Philosophy

As a small business owner, you're faced with dozens of business altering decisions a day...more or less depending on your situation. One of the key things that keeps my business on the straight and narrow in terms of focus and helps me make tough decisions is my personal philosophy on business itself. How I want to run my business, interact with clients and the world at large is based on a set group of fundamental beliefs and I'm sure it is for you as well.

My beliefs include:

  1. I choose to work with good people rather than jerks regardless of how much money is involved.
  2. We'll work with great people even if the budget it tight.
  3. The project should be challenging.
  4. The project should present an opportunity to bring value to large amounts of people.
  5. The project should present a strong opportunity to make great money for my company (afterall I'm a capitalist).

If you're stuck in a rutt with your business and are worried about making a mistake, fall back on your philosophy - whatever that is and stick with it. At the end of the day, you'll sleep fine even when mistakes are made. This is how you find your mojo again.

No comments: