Friday, November 18, 2005

What a week...

Talk about busy...even with putting every bit of time management I can squeeze in still no time left over. I guess I'll have to start taking caffeine intravenously and hire ten assistants if this keeps up. I will say that without my time management efforts I would have been sunk on Monday to say nothing about the rest of the week. Here are a few ideas that helped me out.

  1. Task List - use it and mark it off as progress happens
  2. Prioritize the tasks - seems simple but many don't do it
  3. Stay focused on the task at hand, see it through to the end before moving on
  4. Keep phone calls and emails short and to the point
  5. Return calls and emails on a priority basis only
  6. Stop surfing
  7. take a 10 minute break every so often to clear your head
  8. Finally...delegate whenever possible

Sure you've heard of this stuff before, but do you implement it daily? Let me know and feel free to provide any tips that work for you. Like say turning the cell or blackberry off.

No comments: